Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sighs of Relief, And- Bleck!!!


We had our second early ultrasound today- first thing this morning to be exact.

You see, the new doctor's office
(we've made the switch from the big hospital to a smaller hospital and nearby/attached Dr.s office)
was supposed to do it yesterday afternoon- you know, when we arranged our schedules especially to get off work early and get it done.

But there was a hitch in the plan.

Although they told me we had our ultrasound appointment scheduled, they did not, in fact, apparently remember to schedule it.

But, I digress.

ANYWAY, we did the ultrasound this morning, and Baby looks great! :)

It was such a relief to see him/her kicking and wiggling around, to see the heart still beating just as strongly as it's supposed to, and especially to have him/her measure in at a week further in growth than expected (big relief to me especially, since I haven't been able to eat the way I'd like to- j u s t s o n a u s e a t e d...)!

So, even though I "tossed my cookies" for the first (and hopefully last) time this pregnancy today, life is looking good.

We got a whole string of pictures printed for us
(posting of which will follow soon, hopefully, if I can get that all figured out),
and Pete, being the proud papa, took one to work to show off to the guys. :)


5 comments:

Mulberry Mama said...

How Exciting! Isn't it great to be able to actually see that little person? :-)

So, aside from them forgetting to schedule your ultrasound...how do you like FVH so far? Are you going with Dr. P?

Jennifer said...

Yeah, we are going with Dr. P. He's so nice! And, I really like the smaller "homier" atmosphere of FVH.

Mulberry Mama said...

That's great! Yep, I can't say enough good things about delivering at FVH. They really pamper you there....whirlpool tubs and the whole bit! And Dr. P. has such a good "bedside manner": he's great for answering questions and putting your mind at ease, not to mention for labor and delivery.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful experience.

L'anglaise. said...

I'm so so happy for you and look forward to seeing you when I get back to the field :-) xx

Anonymous said...

Yep, us first time Grandparents
(all 4 of us!) are going to spoil
that little munchkin and his/her
parents at every opportunity :o)
Then, of course, there are the new
Aunts and Uncles that will want to add their touch as well! Such fun!
Have a great day,
k