Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Just Popping in Quick...

to say Hi!

I'm in the midst of attempting to preserve a mountain of tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, yellow squash, green beans, jalepenos, and, did I mention tomatoes?!

:D

It's a little busy around here, what with all this canning & freezing & infant and toddler caring & trying to figure out how to get us all ready and prepared to go to our special church convention next weekend.

Plus the few sewing projects I had hoped to have done by then- yep, I'm most likely going to have to let that little dream go!

Anyway, in my few moments to sit at the computer and have just a "moment" to take a mini break, I'm browsing through this new issue.

Fun, fun, fun!

Somehow, as much as I love summer (especially after all the cold and damp of winter and early spring), I SUPER LOVE fall!  :D

I think it has to be my very favoritest (yep, that's a word!) season.

Cool, crisp, warm during the day, just enough of a chill during the night to make it cozy sleeping weather, and all kinds of good food- apples, pumpkins, squash- Yummy!  

Somehow, there just seems to be something "fresh" about fall.  We're not quite there yet, but it's coming- oh, it's coming!  :)


Hope you're enjoying this season's beginning-to-change time too.

In celebration, I'm putting up my fall wreaths on the door today.

Here's to a beautiful new season!

3 comments:

Mulberry Mama said...

I love fall too! And I'm super ready for it this year. I've about given up on the garden, and now I'm looking forward to sweaters and sweatshirts, bonfires, pumpkin pie, kids jumping in the leaves,and maybe even some knitting! In only a week it will be convention time...that always seems like the start of fall to me. Good luck getting all your preserving done!

Jennifer said...

Thanks- I'll need it! :P I agree- convention always seems like the "start" of fall, a new school year, etc. I'm always excited for it. :) I've been starting to think more towards knitting lately too- too bad I never feel like it in the heat of the summer, so Regan would have some things by the time winter rolls around!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait til Boyden!! My new song is Boyden's in a week :) See you soon soon soon!! My birthday is in the fall...does that mean I have to like fall? ;)